So… How do I Style my Photos Instantly?
Anyone who follows my IG knows that I love styling photos. I love editing, putting on layers and making them seen more original. When I go out for dinner I often take food photos or when I have a good set of pictures I have taken, I will recompose them with my iPhone. I edit them all with ‘Line Camera’ Application. Having noticed, the photos on my Instagram are usually built by using these five techniques and this is my perspective on using them;
1. Shape- I love cutting them in various forms; star, circle, diamond, square, etc. Shape modifies how you want to narrate the whole still image. Since I love using hard cut, so it is the one that shape the image story.
2. Hue/ Saturation- Changing colors and pigments, in a way, it’s like repainting the photos. This part is like creating an ‘Emotional Design’ on the image for me.
3. Pattern- Using pattern is very much like having a little play, having an experimental part to test on each photo. The fun part is that the more you do it, the more sense of spacing and rhythm you will get. [yehh i think so]
4. Layering- Layer is how to emphasize something. You can use it when you want to bold something up or lead the direction such as to stare still, to look toward the left or the right or to dimensionlize.
5. Transparency- Using transparency for me is like playing around with hue/saturation. It is a defused color so again, this is like designing certain emotion you want to project.
All these functions are available on Line Camera.
After one select one picture as a background, you can select different tone/filter you would like to use.
Find another picture you would like to emphasize by putting them on a shape. This one I love this quote “Don’t make yesterday take up too much of today”.
Then I just crop it and overlay it on the background photo.
Here are some of the pictures I really love
Find more pictures on ‘Blurredroses’ Instagram