I wanted to have the the new area (bedroom and working space) renovated before my marriage last year but that did not happen. My schedule filled with too many to-do-lists for wedding preparation. So the renovation got postponed. We did this 4 months after staying together. Now that it’s done. 11th April is considered a good day to do new thing ( according to Chinese calendar) and so we’ve finally moved in.
The renovation done for two rooms; bedroom and the working area.
I’m not sure which style is best describe the style I like. I would say it’s modern contemporary with a touch of luxury and a little bit of vintage.
These are the steps I worked with the interior designers;
1. Layout – once layout is ok then we move to design
2. Design in 3D perspectives
3. Outline furniture in dimensions
4. Production Timeline
5. Materials of wallpaper, curtain, furniture wraps are chosen during the production taken place
I made some slide of the overall mood and tone and color board to brief the interiors.
here are some of the pictures.
First draft came in, it was not
Second draft came in, it was not neither
… the third one that I finally said ‘yes’
I realize then these are the key things we need to kinda scope in to brief interior designers;
- Style – what is the style you like. For instance, luxury, modern, loft, contemporary, vintage, minimal, etc.
2. Mood – this defines the overall mood and tone. The color and the overall atmosphere you like. It can even be describing the kinda feeling you want or the kind of atmosphere you’re comfortable with. Try to think of the places you have visited and liked the overall experience.
3. Material (Board) – What sort of materials will you put in together. This is very important in order to keep the room harmonized. And this is even more important than colors. Being able to change colors to some extent should be a must since in different season, you might want to alter some tones. Different mix and match of colors can still keep good atmospheric harmony as long as materials are aligned.
Last but not least, here is my beloved bathroom 😉
Back to the key three points I briefed interior designers, here are my briefs in short;
- Style – Contemporary
- Mood – Emporium Mall, White/ Gold/ Grey with luxury touch and calm [I named one restaurant atmosphere I loved as well.]
- Material- Marble, Shiny Gold Gears, Matte
Here are some of the out-of-perspective images