For a while, I have been crazy about consuming oils for health. Including fats to your daily diet is one of the imperative intakes to healthy living and here are the key 6 reasons why I love them,
- Source of Energy- For an energetic extrovert human being like me, having no power to do stuffs is really turning my day down.
For instance, there are some days I have quick, little portion of meal before I go to the gym and I feel like I have no energy for my cardio session and that really makes the session feels less enjoyable. I NEED ENERGY.
- Provide essential fatty acids that body cannot produce like Omega 3 and Omega 6. You know how good they are! I NEED THE ESSENTAIL OILS.
- Healthy fats help you lose fat by improving metabolism
Omega 3, stored in many fats, can increase insulin sensitivity and increase metabolism in your body cells. I realize, as we grow older, it is really hard to keep us in the same shape and one of the reasons is because your metabolism is not working as effective as we were younger. So this is why we should not exclude the healthy fats and I also need fats to get me energetic and burn out stress as well J I NEED TO BURN.
- Absorb certain nutrients. I have always memorized this since taught in school, fats break down and absorb Vitamins A, D, E and K. And every time I am taking these vitamins, I am instantly thinking of the meal I have, whether they have some oils to absorb those vitamins. I NEED HEALTHY SKIN.
- Supporting brain- the brain is mainly composited with cholesterol and fats. We need to nourish our brain well in order to think clearly and creatively. I NEED TO BE BRIGHT.
- Last by not least, fats manufacture and regulate hormones balance. It helps prevent depression, and systemize PMS cycle. I NEED TO FEEL WELL AND ALIVE.
I call this menu, ALIVE WITH FATS because as I try to come up with this breakfast menu, I was thinking to combine different healthy oils into the dish.
- Macadamia Nuts
- Flaxseed Oil
- Manuka Honey
I use Manuka Honey and salt to flavor- trying to make the dish as clean as possible.
Ham goes well with Avocado. So you eat them together.
Then, have macadamia separately after.
Because I do not think macadamia taste goes that well with salted ham but it is fun/ crunchy and smell nice and it adds a longer after test. So this is here is how I eat them.